Virtual driver not installed

Ask questions and get solutions about Aimersoft DRM Media Converter and Music Converter.

Virtual driver not installed

Postby John » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:23 am

When I try to convert an iTunes video to MP4 I get "Virtual driver not installed" in the "Conversion Progress" box. What goes wrong? How can I solve this problem? Thank you!
John

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Virtual driver not installed

Postby aimersoft » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:26 am

Thank you for using Aimersoft DRM Media Converter. As to the case you met, here is the solution for you:

Click Option->processing->Driver Check to check if the drivers are installed properly. If not, the program will fix it automatically by clicking this button.

1. Right-click on Computer and click Manage to open the Computer Management.
2. Click Device Manager and find the Sound, Video, Game controller.
3. You will find the virtual drivers named as WsAudio_DeviceS. Right-click and select Uninstall to uninstall the virtual drivers.
4. Remove the program, restart the computer and download the latest version of the program from the link above to install it again.

If it still doesn't work, it may due to the computer fails to switch the sound card from the virtual sound card to its real sound card. Could you please try to click the Option button-Processing Tab to switch the soundcard ?You could also try to manually switched the sound card according to the following information.

Notes: Please close the anti-virus software when downloading and Install the program in other local disk instead of the default local disk C.

In Windows 7 / Vista, please click Start(menu)->Control panel->Hardware and sound->sound. In playback tag, select the speaker named other than wsaudio_device and set default. OK to save.
In Windows XP, please click Start (menu)->Control panel->Sounds and audio devices. In Audio->Default device, please select the device named other than wsaudio_device, OK to save.

For more questions, please feel free to let us know. Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Aimersoft Studio
aimersoft
Site Admin

Re: Virtual driver not installed

Postby aimersoft » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:48 am

akmangus wrote:I have tried this "fix" numerous times with my newly purchased "Video Converter Ultimate" software with no help. The one time I was able to get past the "Sound Card Installation Failed" message, the program converted my DRM file and then failed after trying to burn to DVD. When you try to uninstall the Virtual Sound Cards, then the software, then re-install after reboot, the software simply re-installs the LOUSY virtual sound card drivers that didn't work in the first place!

How about some more help for a PAYING customer????

Hi, akmangus. We're really very sorry for the inconveniences caused to you.

Do you mean you have successfully converted the DRM-ed files but failed to burn them to DVD? (When burning DVDs with Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate, it's recommended to first remove DRM from the videos and then burn them to DVD). Is there a burning effor message?

If you have any problem, you can either post your questions in this forum or contact our customer support at: http://support.aimersoft.com/index.php? ... onlineform

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Aimersoft Studio
aimersoft
Site Admin

Return to Aimersoft DRM Media Converter (Music Converter)